Friday, November 18, 2011

Atlanta detour

While on our way home from Ky Alan and I made the huge mistake of attempting to get through Atlanta during rush hour (which can run from 4-8, oh Atl how little I miss thee)! Our eta to make it to the Schay's was 6, however we soon found ourselves parked on 285 for over an hour--a mere 6 miles from our exit.

Providentially I called Maureen just to say "hi" and she said she and Max had been in the terrible traffic too but they pulled off to pass the time at a Cuban restaurant. Fortunately we were approaching that exit ourselves, so rather than inch along with a screaming baby I decided to wait it out too and offer the poor babe a nurse.

Alan was stoked to see Max and Auntie Maureen again! We're so glad we had that unexpected visit. After about an hour the traffic lifted and we finally arrived at the Schay's just after 8.

I miss the family and friends in Atlanta, but never Atlanta! I'll take the country roads anytime over the congested city traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment