Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

Wow, I can't believe it's already turkey time! A year ago I was 9 weeks pregnant and getting ready to fly up to Detroit for Anne and Justin's wedding--time flies!

This year Mike and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our little home and Mr. & Mrs. Schay are coming. I am so excited to prepare my first Thanksgiving meal and roast my first turkey. We will be having collard greens, green beans, bourbon sweet potatoes, Easter potato casserole (a favorite dish of mine that Mrs. Schay makes), cranberry sauce, cloverleaf rolls and of course turkey and stuffing. Dessert will be a fun variety: poppy seed bread (Mike's absolute favorite), bourbon pie, French apple tarte, cherry pie, and pumpkin pie.

I purchased a beautiful mustard yellow table cloth (very French provencial) that will go beautifully with our blue and white china and we'll be using our new S&P shakers that also match perfectly. The table will feel fall and festive but not be all browns and yellows, a little different is good.

I'll post pictures of the table and meal when it's all together! I have run now and take advantage of A.T.'s nap to get some stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment