Monday, January 23, 2012

Cooking

I've gotten into cooking much more now that I don't work outside the home. It was so hard to make a meal, let alone, meal plan when I was getting home around 6pm.

Now I make my week menu before I shop and then know just what to do everyday. I've gotten in the habit of looking ahead on the menu to make sure the meat is defrosted (as I often freeze lots of it when I get home from the store). I try to cook one new recipe a week and I have to say, I'm pretty proud of my accomplishment there! I've been pretty good about it. I really do enjoy cooking, at least most of the time. Yes, I love nights when Mike makes dinner but I also enjoy making some favorite dish of ours or introducing a new one.

Last night we roasted pork ribs on the grill. I marinated them for about 4 hours in a Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce. I also made French fries--from scratch. They are really quite easy.

Here are some pics from dinner:

No comments:

Post a Comment