Sunday, January 29, 2012

Growing so fast

When I was pregnant with Alan all I could envision was the newborn and little baby stage. Beyond 3 months just felt like years away. When I'd see a highchair or walking toy I just thought: "Man, we have a while 'til then." I guess I did have "a while" in some sense, but where did the time go?! It's just flown, really, it has.

Today Mike and I were enjoying watching A.T. pull up on the couch and reach for something on it while maintaining his balance. I couldn't help but ask Mike how we got here so fast, how is our little boy moving all over the place, sitting in a highchair, and pulling up on everything?

I've really loved this whole experience so much, oh of course there are hard days, but really they're a drop in the bucket compared to all the joy and sweetness that surrounds me daily with this little boy!

Speaking of highchairs, some very generous friends of ours gave us their old highchair and it's exactly what I wanted! It's a mahogany Jenny Lind. We picked it up today after Mass and I've (or should I say A.T.?) used it twice already. It's a great success as i finally get to eat dinner without my plate being pulled off or my food mangled :)

Thanks y'all, we really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment